Monday, August 2, 2010

Corn!

We had one big task to take care of before leaving on vacation...CORN! The garden corn was ready to be picked and needed prepped for freezing. Camden joined the guys in picking and shucking.

And then she even took the time to help me blanch, cool, cut off the cob, and bag 9 dozen ears of corn. She stood on the chair next to me and her job was to hand me another ear when I need it. I was quite impressed with how long she kept at it.

Although, maybe it had something to do with all the corn she kept gobbling up.

It made me smile because that was my favorite thing about helping my mom with corn when I was a kid. As Camden said, "Ummmm...good corn!"

We leave in the morning for a 10-day road trip to Denver. I doubt we'll blog much until we return...then there will be MANY posts. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Alette Grace said...

wow, you really are a country girl now!