Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mommy & Daughter

We went bowling on Sunday afternoon.  Our local lanes have a $1 special on Sunday's so I thought it could be a good way to spend some time together and not spend much money. Turns out that since it was Mother's Day, my games (and shoes) were free!  Camden actually bowled one complete game and about 7 frames of the second.  I normally would have made her stick it out, but I actually was done too.
 

She did exceptional.  She barely used the bumpers and actually had a few legitimate spares and a few strikes! 


Camden score is actually inflated by an extra strike in frame 10.  Some error by the camera system.  But still a great score!  I also bowled a terrific game (for me)!  I usually average about 120, but had a good first game.  The second game we both were on our way to much more realistic scores.  Fun times!


Afterward, we played a few games in the arcade, spent a windy, chilly half hour or so at a local park, then went to the library to round out the afternoon.  As we are sitting in the kids section, we see Aunt Carole, Uncle Ric and Ree Ree coming out of meeting that happened to be at the library.  They were able to stay in town for a quick visit (and ice cream!).  Camden cried all the way home because she wanted to go to their house instead.  Geesh! 

No comments: