Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Art?

Speaking of paint....Camden wanted to paint on Saturday evening.  I was putting groceries away, so asked Camden to go play until I could get things out.  I usually put paper, water bowl, brush, and a paper plate with splots of each color on it.  However, I finished with the groceries and she was busy.  So I set everything out, sans the paint on the plate.  About a half hour later, she was ready to paint.  She had watched me enough (and I was in the middle of a good book) that I decided she could put the paint on the paper plate.  I could see her put the first three colors down and everything looked fine.
 
I hear her singing and chattering away for the next half hour or so.  Then I get up to check on her and this is what I see....
 

It's actually not as messy as it could have been.  She kept (most) everything on the paper and paper plate.  However, the 10 bottles of paint were practically new.  Now they were practically empty.

Boy, I wanted to laugh!  But I also wanted to make sure she knew she couldn't waste like that....come on - there was an inch deep well of paint soup!


Plus, a 3-D painting.  Both were actually kinda cool.  And clean-up wasn't that hard.  I couldn't really be too upset!




No comments: