Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Camden!

Summer birthdays were celebrated on Thursday at school.  The school makes a big deal on a kid's day - parent's usually bring cupcakes, crowns are worn, and the birthday kid gets special duties.  I was unsure if Camden was going to miss out on it because she is a July girl.  But, this is Miss Lana we are talking about.  She gave the 6 kids with summer b-days their day.  Three of the six were still there when I picked her up today, so I snapped a few pics of Camden and her fellow celebrants - Gavin and William.
 


I signed up for snack on this day so I could provide the cupcakes.  I thought it would be fun for each of the birthday kids to choose the theme for the cake decorations.  With a six pack for each, they would also get to take home a cupcake or two to share with family.


The store couldn't accommodate the Duck Dynasty or yellow excavator requests, so I had to go with option 2 for those 2 boys.  There were princesses (Claire), Batman (Clayton), Toy Story (Austin), Lightning McQueen (William), Superheroes (Gavin), and, of course, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Camden).


Happy (practice) birthday to our sweet, sweet Camden.


No comments: