Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerman Bread House

Camden gets the name a little backwards, but she enjoyed building the house.  The kit I got from Target was the best!  The cookes was thick and the frosting "glue" was very easy to work with - and both tasted good!  




I bought it last week and she's been begging to do it every evening since.  I wanted to wait until Kevin returned from Atlanta, but she had been sick and we'd been at home for two days and we really wanted something to do.  It was a perfect evening activity for us.


She got a big kick out of knocking on the front door and saying, "Anybody hoooommmmeeee?"  I don't know where she comes up with some of the stuff she says and does, but she cracks me up.

Last year we battled the house and the candy. It was such a pain. I can't say enough about how pleasant the experience was in putting this together.  It's not just that Camden's a year older...the adults had the problems!  But she did put every single piece of candy on it.  Very impressed by her patience and ability to complete the whole task.

The only draw back to this kit was the colored frosting wasn't really contained properly to be able to decorate unless you are a real artist.  At least that's what I'm sticking too considering the only part that looks really bad is my attempts to decorate with the colored frosting!

Camden ate the gingerman bread before we could decorate it.  I loved the tree and snowman, too.

Once we were finished, she looked at me, looked at the house, and leaned in for a big bite.  I laughed so hard!  That little mind is always workin'.

No comments: