Monday, February 21, 2011

Score Update

It's now Gina 2, Deer 0...or is Deer 2, Gina 0?  Well, technically, it's 1-1 'cause in the fall, the deer hit me, but on Friday night, I nailed this doe head-on.  She literally jumped in front of me out of nowhere.  The road is notorious for deer and it was a very dark night on a very dark stretch of road.  Thankfully, it appears to all be cosmetic again (deer hair in the photos, so don't scroll if it's too hard to look).




I was grateful that a State Police Officer was passing me just after it happened (I was on the phone to 911) and did a U-turn to help me.  I was glad he was there so quickly because he had to shot the deer to put it out of it's misery.  Ugh!

I was a little sore for the weekend, but nothing serious...besides in the pocketbook with another deductible and the hassle of dealing with insurance.  Ugh again!

3 comments:

carole said...

Well good grief! So glad that you weren't hurt and the only damage is "cosmetic". Still-lost of hassle for you w/insurance:( Was Camden in the car with you and how did she take the event?

Aspiring Mom2three said...

You just live for excitement! So glad you are okay after your encounter. How awesome that God put that SP there just for you! Did you keep the deer for the meat? We love deer meat here, but thankfully we've not go that route to get ours.

So thankful that the damage was not more and that you were protected.

gina said...

I was alone at the time of the accident (had stayed in Lafayette to visit with girl friends and Camden was at home with daddy).

Kevin is a hunter so we have plenty of venison in the freezer (and it was probably too bruised to use, anyway!).

I am thankful for the protection!