Monday, February 14, 2011

Let the Thaw Begin

When Camden and I got home on Friday night, there was still some light in the sky, so we woke Daddy up and told him we wanted to go outside and play in the snow.  More specifically, he needed to take Camden out while I cooked dinner. 



When I came out to see how they were doing while the meal cooked, Camden was staying on the edge of the driveway and throwing tiny snowballs at Kevin.  Her silly hat kept coming down over her eyes, despite Kevin's attempts to keep it off her face.

I suggested she go play in the yard and she promptly took off running.

She got to the edge of the house, turned around to face us and said, "I'm in the yard."  Then ran back to the driveway and continued playing.

We were cold after about 15 minutes (plus supper was almost done) so we headed inside for the evening.  But it was a welcome glimpse at the possibilities of evenings outside that we will hopefully be able to enjoy very soon!

No comments: