Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Home Depot Kids Workshop

On Saturday morning, before heading to Lafayette to visit Grammy and Aunt Carole, Camden and I stopped at Home Depot to check out their Kid's Workshop.  I wasn't sure if Camden was too little to be able to do the project, but I thought we'd give it a try.  Thankfully it was a simple project and I was SOOOO impressed with this program.  I hadn't taken my camera, so all pictures were taken last night at home.  I'm disappointed because there were so many photo ops!

Home Depot sets out a few rows of boards for tables and upside-down 5 gallon orange buckets for seats.  We signed in and they gave us a kit with the days project.  They also gave Camden an orange Home Depot work apron and wrote her name on it.  Camden and I sat down and got to work. 

The project was a little spice rack.  She put the two dowels into the holes and squeezed the glue bottle to temporarily hold the sides in place.  The she used the full-sized hammer to hit the small nails into place.  She really did it!  I held the end of the hammer to make sure she didn't get too wild, but she was able to hammer properly (I guess the tool kit Gramma Pat gave her for her birthday has paid off!).

When we were done with the project, we went back to the sign-in desk where Camden received a pin to put on her apron to show she had completed the project and a certificate.  If she attends 10 sessions and collects 10 pins, she gets her picture taken and placed on the Kids Workshop Wall. 



We will definitely be doing this again.  The projects may be too difficult some days, but Camden and I both thoroughly enjoyed our time together working on it.  And the icing on the cake:  it was all FREE!


1 comment:

Grandma Pat said...

Camden, you're such a doll! What a nice project you did! Love you bunches!
Gramma Pat