Thursday, September 30, 2010

Names

I call Camden lots of names. We always thought we might call her "Cammie," but it never has been in our choices (although some of her cousins use it). Besides her given name, my list of usual names includes: baby girl, sugar plum, monkey pants, cutie pie, hunny bun, and missy moo. Most often, I hear Kevin call her baby girl or just baby.

The little squirt usually calls Kevin, "Daddy" or occasionally, "Dad" if she's yelling for him. Lately, she has taken to calling him, "Honey" (probably since that's what she usually hears me call him). A few times, "Kevin" has even been uttered.

My name has changed several times. I started off, of course, as "Mommy" and that still is used frequently. It switched a few months ago to "Mama" or "My mama." I actually like both of those quite a lot. I get the occassional "mom" too, which always makes me think of a 10 year old, not my little one. And, yes, "Gina" has been said too. This last week she has been calling me, "Miss Mommy."


Austin is always, "Austin" or "Bubbie."

No comments: