Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Taylor Family Reunion

GaGa's extended family gets together for a week in August every year.  The "big" gathering is on Saturday.  GaGa and Grandpa rode with us over to Rend Lake for the day.  Sophia also joined us to give Camden a playmate.

We had only gone one other time and I never went done to the beach.  But that year there was a bacteria that made everyone sick...I didn't take swimsuits and told the girls they could only go in up to their knees.  It was a hot day, but they did what was asked for the first hour of our visit.


They took a break and grabbed some lunch...and then I told them they could go swimming in their clothes because it was so hot and all the rest of the kids were in the lake.  It was the right call and they had a blast...and next year I will have them pack swimsuits.



I made mac and cheese at home for the big dinner and needed to warm it up on the grill.  Delicious!


I also made a "cajun cake" which turned out to be a cross between tres leches and german chocolate.  It will be a go-to for me...so rich, but so good.

We spent most of the day sitting under the awnings catching up with family and cousins.  Some of the musicians in the family would break out the guitars every once in a while throughout the afternoon, but most of the jamming takes place later in the evening/night.



Kevin and his cousin Vickie turn 50 this year.  Their is a third cousin also turning 50 (Chad), but he lives in Japan.


There were lots of dogs in the mix and even 2 pet raccoons.



I never got the count of how many people were in attendance, but I would guess it was around 110 with more people showing up throughout the day.


GaGa and her siblings: Sharon, Thelma, Linda, and Rick.




No comments: