Friday, August 14, 2015

Tradition


We have a tradition - first and last day of school we get ice cream.  It might be at the Big Berry or it might be at Up the Creek, but ice cream is on the evening schedule.

When I got home from work on the first day of school, Camden was snoozing.  She has been under the weather and when I talked to Kevin on my drive home he said she complained of a headache.  We waited, and waited, and waited.  She slept tight.  Since she feel asleep about 5:30, I expected to be woken up about 4am by a wide-awake child.  Nope...I had to wake her up just after 7 to get ready for the day. 

One of the first things she said, "Mom, we forgot to get ice cream last night."  No, Sleepyhead, we didn't "forget".

So second day of school, after dinner, we headed to Up the Creek for ice cream!
 



Her favorite selection of late: strawberry (tonight with nut crunch sprinkles).


No comments: