Friday, July 25, 2014

Birthday Cake


After presents, we played a little bit longer to let our pizza dinner digest before having cake & ice cream.  I didn't do much with her theme this year ("Frozen") throughout the party/food like I usually do, but I did make a frozen cake.





It was chocolate with birthday cake ice cream in the middle and a snowflake/ice crystals on the top.  She also had requested a white cake with strawberries on top (like she had been seeing at several stores).  It was actually the hit of the party.  I tossed the fresh strawberries in gel and filled the middle layer with strawberries as well.  I used Cool Whip for frosting.  YUM!


I didn't get any pictures of the food since the main course was just pizza from our new local pizza shop, but I did make some of my new favorite appetizers - caprese on a stick with balsamic drizzle, peel-n-eat shrimp, jalapeno poppers, cheese and salami platter, and "Do you want to build a snowman?" party mix (marshmallows, pretzels, M&Ms and raisins). 

I always want the food and cake to be good, plentiful, and different.  On all fronts, this party hit the mark.




No comments: