Thursday, April 11, 2013

Buggy Cupcakes

Since it's Spring, Miss Lana is teaching all about bugs.  Tomorrow is a spring carnival and she asked parents to bring in cakes/cupcakes/brownies for a buggy cakewalk.  Camden, of course, wanted pink ones...and Turtle ones.  I couldn't find any TMNT decorations, so asked if she just wanted a second color.  Second choice is always purple.  I'm actually not sure why I even asked!  I was planning on doing half the cupcakes with pink frosting and half with purple.  When I went to decorate last night, I gave her a sample cupcake with a little of each color.  She loved it and decided that's how all of them should be. 
 

I topped each one off with a gummy worm (the closest "bug" candy decoration I could find).  They turned out really cute.  (Toothpicks are to keep the plastic wrap from sticking - forgot to take pictures before I stuck them in).


No comments: