Monday, March 26, 2012

Amy's Baby Shower

Camden attended Amy's baby shower with me on Saturday.  Amy's twins are due at the end of April - a boy and a girl.  It was so good to see all my FRINKS friends.  We hardly get together anymore except at special occassions (plans were made for this week, however!).



Camden chose to wear her nicest Spring dress.  The weather had taken a slight turn and was a little chilly, so I was glad I brought her sweater.  She put it on before I got a good picture of her in her dress (the only one I took was blurry).


After a wonderful brunch (and lots of catching up), we got down to the business of eating cake and opening presents.





Of course, Camden slowly made her way to center stage.
 

At first she just sat front and center.

But as presents were opened, she made her way to "help."  With every bag, Camden would turn to me and ask, "What is it, Mama?" and clap excitedly.  She won over the rest of the group.  I think she ended up opening 1/2 of Amy's gifts, but also helped pick up the paper off the floor which was a big help.

Beverly generously gave Camden all the balloons to take home. 

She was extra careful when we went outside to make sure to hold on tight.  She did want to go over by the flag on the putting green (the shower was at the Lafayette Country Club).  I would have cropped closer, but I loved the tree in the background.


What a wonderful celebration!

2 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

i seriously can't believe she is going to have twins!! so crazy. how old are her girls now? at least she and beverly will be able to go crazy together :)

carole said...

I'm thinking the same thing as Ashley:) I can't imagine dealing with teenage girls and twins at the same time! Go Amy:)Fun to see pictures of the FRINKS ladies here.