Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Paddy's Day Treats

I sent a special snack for Camden's class at daycare on St. Patrick's Day.  I asked her what she wanted and she chose cupcakes.  As we discussed it on the drive home the day before, I told her they would be green.  She loved the idea.  Then quickly asked for pink ones (and blue and red...).  I explained that because of the holiday, they should be green.  PINK!  So we compromised -- green cupcakes with pink frosting.

Side note:  It was a last minute decision to make and I just used store bought cake mix (tinted green with food coloring) and frosting.  Unfortunately, when we got home at 9 o'clock on Wednesday night and I went to bake them, I discovered the only cupcake liners I had were smushed flat and unusable.  Figures!  I guess I shouldn't complain...those who ate them didn't!


No comments: