Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art and Language

On a shopping excursion on Monday, I found a great little artist easel on sale at Hobby Lobby.  I knew Camden would love it.  One side has a dry erase board with clips to hang paper so she can paint/draw; the other side is a chalk board.  She is very anxious for me to get some paint and let her show off her skills.

It also came with a huge bag of magnet letters and symbols that she can stick to the board.


She had a ball with it last night...and she does continued to amaze me with her knowledge. She knows A for Austin (or Bubbie), M for mommy, G for GaGa, D for Daddy, and, of course, C for her.  She always points those letters out on everything - books, signs, stores, etc.

At school they are beginning to work through the alphabet and focus on a new letter each week.  I think they are on D.  She knows B goes "ba" and that it starts ball and balloon and baby.  She also has been saying "ka, ka, kite" lately.  Basically, I knew she was getting the hang of some letters and sounds.  This one cracked me up, though.  She held up the letter "X" and asked me what it was.  After I told her, she responded....

No comments: