Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Home Depot Project

Saturday morning, Camden and I headed to Home Depot for their "first Saturday of the month" project day.  It was a rainy morning and the place was packed...turned out it was also because of the cool project...a Home Depot race car.  Several local boy scout troops were there.



I've heard that toddler's aren't suppose to do lots of "craft" projects because it's not developmentally beneficial.  These projects just don't confirm that.  Camden loves doing it. 

And she does most of it.  She hammers.

She glues.  Although our top came off the first bottle and went everywhere.  I had to help a tad with the remaining glue portions.

I also had to help put the stickers in the right spaces (I guess I limited her creativity).  But the end result was very pleasing to her.


The bonus was the soap box derby set-up.  Camden loved racing the other kids.  She was most fond of taking her car to the guy who lined them all up (and he was a little partial to her as well...giving her prime slots and showing her where her car was among all the boys).


She then "drove" around the store a bit and showed off her new pin.


This is one of my favorite outings with her.  I can't wait for a Saturday when Kevin gets to come with us!


No comments: