Saturday, December 5, 2009

Colts Tickets

This week has been crazy...and makes a long story, so hold tight! Kevin and I were supposed to go to his annual Christmas Party for one of the committees he's on at work. It's so much fun. They put us up for two nights in the Crowne Plaza in downtown Indy, take us to a great steakhouse for dinner, then out to a show. Kevin attends meetings for two days, but we get the royal treatment at night...Kevin started vomitting on Tuesday night. At about 10am on Wednesday, it became apparent that I needed to leave work and head for home. We were both sicker than a dog for the next 24 - 48 hours. Needless to say, we cancelled our reservations.

Thankfully, Camden was able to stay at Grandma French's for the night. Although Grandma came down with the bug on Friday. Camden never got sick.

I was debating whether to go back to work on Friday, but decided since I had already taken it as a vacation day, that Camden and I would head to Indianapolis for some shopping.

While driving to the big city, I heard two separate announcements for Colts ticket giveaways for Sunday's game against the Titans. One was in the afternoon from 3-4pm at Meijer. I decided we had enough shopping that we could plan on going to that one. We got there about 2, but Camden was asleep. So I let her snooze for another 15 minutes, then did a quick loop through the store to see if there were any bargains. By the time we got to the deli area where they were having the giveaway, there were about 200 people in front of us...and it was only 2:30pm.

Camden was a little fussy, but it was snack time. Luckily we were by the produce and I grabbed a container of fruit and she was overjoyed. She loves her canteloupe!

The line moved quickly as you simply had to spin a wheel. Few people won. In fact I think only 3 had got tickets by the time it was our turn. We stopped to get a picture with some Colts cheerleaders and the people behind us went first.

I spun...and WON! Just like this guy a few people behind me. Camden and I apparently started a winning streak.

As you can see, Blue showed up. He got busy and entertained Camden for a while.

Miss America was there too! Camden only wanted Blue and, unfortunately, didn't want to pose for other pictures.

Did I mention I won Colts tickets...it also included VIP tickets to the Meijer Party Tent before the game - free food! I couldn't wait to get home and give Kevin his 40th birthday present. Am I a good wife or what?!?

1 comment:

Grandma Pat said...

Hi, Camden!!
I'm so glad Mommy & Daddy are better and you didn't get sick! Congratulations on helping Mom win tickets! And you met Miss America and Blue and some Colts cheerleaders, too! It was a great game! Hope they had lots of fun. Grampa Jim and I were at Beef 'n Boards for our office party last night, but we saw all but the last two minutes of the game before we left. Love you all! So glad everyone's better. Gramma Pat