Monday, December 14, 2009

One Big Birthday Party

Grandma French had a birthday party to celebrate 4 of us who have December/January birthdays. Together, Brian, Kevin, Amanda and I total 144 years old!

Camden was a little astonished by such a big number. She can only handle 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (and her ABC's). Just ask her!

We had a feast of popular Grandma dishes...homemade chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, salad bar with all the fixings, hot out-of-the-oven yeast rolls...and a dessert spread for 50! Really, just the birthday cake, yummy lemon bars, and her famous cinnamon rolls; but for 8 of us, it was plenty.

Camden's favorite was the chocolate cake.

After dinner, Camden entertained us as usual. Dancing, reading, pointing at all the Christmas lights, and drinking from her mammoth special cup that she uses when at Grandmas.

She loves using a straw!

Camden was fascinated by her Uncle Brian. I think it's because he looks a little like her daddy and a little like her Papaw. Regardless, he makes her laugh.

It was a fun, delicious party...right, Camden?

2 comments:

carole said...

That's quite a cup. Precious!! Now I'm hungry from Carole's cinnamon rolls-makes me think of Aunt Mirna this morning.

Grandma Pat said...

Hi, Sweetie!
Yes, that's a big cup, all right!! And that's a great big smile showing all your teeth! I couldn't decide which picture to put on my desktop this morning. Happy Birthday to Mommy, Daddy and all the others with December birthdays! There's a card in the mail for Mommy; I'll have to remember to put Daddy on my list of birthdays. (Sorry I didn't get a card to you, Kevin! Looks like you had a great celebration!) Love you all! See you around Christmas.
Gramma Pat