Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I love carving pumpkins. I enjoy the whole process from cleaning out the "guts" to creating the face to roasting the seeds. It's a fun tradition that I want to start with Camden and I was anxious to see how she would react.

She was a little leery at first, standing back from the pumpkin and looking a little concerned.

But then she decided it might be fun to hold the pumpkin. She never has been one to hesitate to do things. She's our little daredevil after all.

Next, I let her see how slimy the seeds felt, thinking she'd get curious.

I was right...it passed the "ohh...interesting" test and she dug right in!

Camden would have played for quite a bit longer, but it was getting late and it was time for a bath. The pumpkin still hasn't gotten carved and the seeds aren't roasted. Plus our evenings are packed the rest of the week. So I guess the rest of the steps of the actual pumpkin carving may have to wait until next year. But judging by her reactions and expressions, Camden is definitely game for this tradition.

3 comments:

Grandma Pat said...

Hey, little pumpkin eater!!
You look like you're having so much fun! Are you going to dress up for Halloween this year? I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm so glad your little leg is all healed up. We probably won't see you until Thanksgiving weekend. We'll be at Janet's near Chicago on Thursday and back in Lafayette sometime Friday. We'll see you then, I hope.
Love you!!
Gramma Pat

carole said...

How Precious!!I love seeing her dig right into the seeds! A great family tradition to start.

Alette Grace said...

too cute! Camden had the right idea-the best part of carving is scooping out all the slimy seeds! glad to see she's back on her feet.