Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work. I promised myself I wouldn't cry. And I didn't...at least not more than 3 times. One of my co-workers said she spent the first two weeks back carrying a box of tissues with her. I'm doing a little better than that. And the third time was when I got home and held her in my arms. Who wouldn't miss this face?


Kevin stayed awake all day today because Camden wouldn't go to sleep for any longer than 10 minutes at a time. I sent him to bed at 7:30 and cuddled my baby the whole evening.


Camden is just beginning to smile in response to us. It's not all the time, but it's definitely becoming more frequent. She is able to follow things with her eyes and focus on them. She really likes her mobiles.

She's also begun to blow bubbles to entertain herself.

Not exactly a pretty expression, but it cracks me up. I end up laughing a lot around her.

And I'm going to miss her tomorrow!

2 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

call me when you have time! we need to catch up. I hear from others that it gets better as the weeks go on. It helps me to stay busy (really busy) at work and then be completely home when I'm there. Plus, i just try to be ok with knowing i might never get the elusive "balance" thing figured out.

Grandma Pat said...

Hi, Camden! Did you miss Mommy when she went back to work? She missed you too. Where did you get those chubby cheeks? I wish I was there to give you lots of hugs and kisses! You're learning so many new things--smiles and bubbles and watching things move. I hope we can see you this month. I have a surprise for you for Halloween! If we don't see you by then, you'll get a package in the mail! Love to you and Mommy and Daddy.