Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Club Scientific

I walked into the living room after work and looked at Camden.  "What is wrong?," I asked.  Camden looked at me like I was crazy.  Her face was bright red and looked like she had gotten a horrible sunburn or had been crying for a long time.  She laughed and reminded me that at camp that day they worked on fake blood and bruises.


She is at a camp in Brownsburg called KidzArt.  She is in Club Scientific and this week is all about Hollywood Special Effect.  From the brochure, "Join us for a full-day immersive experience to learn the science behind Hollywood’s special effects! Activities will demonstrate concepts related to light, sound, perception, illusion and set building. Campers will also learn various special effect make-up techniques working with the same materials used by professional make-up artists to simulate cuts, bruises, artificial blood and old age."


I think she did a very realistic job!




The bruise on her thigh looks very real, as do the cuts and road rash.


Her class is small.  She told me she was pretending to make sure her friend was okay in this picture.  Always so tender-hearted - even when acting.




No comments: