Thursday, April 13, 2017

Another Round


I really can't say enough of the Wabash swim lessons.  These young men are so impressive. I loved watching her coach, Anthony, work with her and watch her respond.

She did several laps of freestyle.  Still needs help with technique, but building skill.


He spent a little time teaching her to "start."  Kevin said it looked like he tried to convince her to take off from the platform but she wasn't ready for that.
 


Then he showed her backstroke.  She actually did naturally better on it than freestyle, but will need to work on technique to really swim it well.



She worked hard for the 25 minute lesson than took a turn on each of the free time options.

Low dive...


Rope swing...



And high dive...although she backed off the first time and required a lot of encouragement from the Wabash guys that were around her on the second attempt.  But she went and probably won't hesitate now that she remembers that she likes it.


Funny side note:  Kevin brings her since her lessons start at 4:30.  I join them after I leave my office.  I set out her newest swimsuit that she put on at home.  Kevin comment that it was riding up her bottom a lot...maybe it was a size too big.  When she got off the high dive, I noticed that it did fit her looked oddly.  When I looked closer I saw that it was on backwards!  It has a "one-shoulder" look with a spaghetti strap on the other side.  When put on backwards, this thin strap was the only thing covering one side of her chest!  Oh my!  We all laughed about it, but discussed the need to make sure that the ruffle was in front whenever she put it on!

No comments: