Monday, June 1, 2015

Mrs. Gonczarow's Gift

I organized a class gift for Camden's teacher.  I sent home a note with 6 questions for each child to answer about their teacher.  I also asked for $5 donation.  Some parents gave a bit more, some didn't give, but in the end we had enough to give her a dollar for each of the questions from the 18 kids in Mrs. Gonczarow's class.  That's $108!

I put each question on it's own piece of paper and then made a stack of question, money, question, money, etc.  I made a cover with pretty scrapbook paper and a piece of chip board as the back cover.  Using a special glue, these were bound together like a notebook.  Mrs. Gonczarow can pull each dollar bill out, but keep the kid's responses together in a book.




The kid's responses were simply adorable.  The six questions were:
  
1. What I will miss most about Mrs. Gonczarow:
2. This year Mrs. Gonczarow taught me: 
3. What I will never forget about Mrs. Gonczarow:
4. What I will miss most about being in Mrs. Gonczarow's class this year is:
5.  Mrs. Gonczarow loves me because:
6.  I love Mrs. Gonczarow because:




We presented it to her on the final day of school after the awards session.  She was moved to tears as she opened it - both with the generosity of the parents, but also the kid's responses.  I really hope she treasures it!



She was a fabulous teacher for Camden!

No comments: