Wednesday, March 19, 2014

St. Paddy's Snacks

I love all the holidays - big and small.  I think they all need celebrated, so I offered to send in green snacks for Camden's class.  She has been requesting all year that I make cake balls, so green cake balls it was!  Camden and Kevin even helped me roll them.
 

I used white cake and tinted it with a little green food coloring.  I didn't get a picture, but I used green candy melts to cover them.  I usually like to drizzle a contrast color over the top, but didn't get any.  I tried drizzling the green on one tray of them.  It was pretty ugly...but ugly still taste yummy!


I also like to send in health stuff too, so I made a platter of green fruit.  Yes, I cheated and bought presliced green apples and had Mrs. Barr put them on the platter at school (I didn't want brown & green apples).  I looked everywhere for gold coin candy, but had to settle for gold wrapped peanut butter cups for our pot of gold.  I sent enough for two days of snacking and Camden has reported that everyone loved it!


No comments: