Thursday, March 13, 2014

Muddin'

Saturday night we went out to eat and then stopped into Lake Waveland to drive around (gate is free this time of year).  We saw about 20+ deer (no exaggeration) and drove back to the old ATV park.  They are closing it permanently and we didn't even know where it was to begin with.
 
The snow had thawed and gravel/dirt roads were puddle-filled and awful muddy.  Our road came to a dead end and we had to turn around.  Unfortunately I was driving.  I may have grown up in Indiana, but I am a city girl. 

 

When a city girl goes muddin', we get stuck!  Well, I guess that is what muddin' is about - lots of mud slung everywhere.  We would go a few feet and get stuck again.  I had know clue about momentum and not turning your wheel (I'M A CITY GIRL!).


Kevin was getting a tad irritated, I was having a tad bit of fun, and Camden was a tad annoying - sitting in the back telling me I shouldn't have gotten us stuck.


Then I had an "a-ha" moment and realized it was just like snow.  I understand snow.  Shortly after, we were out with a very mud-splattered car.  Lesson learned.  Family fun.

No comments: