Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hangin' with the Fam

We met up with Aunt Carole and Uncle Ric after our visit to Imagination Station.  We enjoyed some Starbucks then an unsuccessful shopping excursion for new shoes.  While at the mall, Camden got a bag of Jelly Belly's at her favorite candy store.
 
Then we met up with ReeRee for dinner downtown at DT Kirby's.
 


Camden loves her some ReeRee!  Too bad we forgot to get a picture with her Aunt and Uncle!


Food was excellent and service slow.  Poor Camden was restless.  She used ReeRee's coat to entertain and also got a cupcake from the family the next table over who were celebrating a birthday.



It was a fun day, but the best part happened on the way out of Lafayette.  Camden was sniffling and I offered a Kleenex.  She took it on first offer (which is unusual).  Then, out of nowhere, she started screaming and crying.  "Oh my, Camden.  What is wrong?"  More wails.  "There's a jelly bean in my nose and I can't get it out!"  We were crossing the bridge so we had to try to calm her down (without laughing hysterically) so we could get to a spot to pull over and help her.  Of course, we also didn't want it to go in any further and get lodged in.

We pulled over.  Her nose was bulging on one side so at least I knew where it was.  I plugged the other side and had her blow.  Why I didn't put the Kleenex in my hand first, I'm not sure.  But a nice, green apple jelly bean came flying out (along with lots of "goop") into my hand. 

I had always thought we made it awful far into childhood to not have these kind of things happen.  But a late lesson learned is still a lesson learned.

 

No comments: