Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

Last month, we battled Camden going to sleep. She'd fall asleep in my arms, but the second we went to put her down in her bed, she'd wake up and cry...no, make that scream. I spent many a night on the couch, sleeping with her. Or I'd bring her to sleep in bed with me. It was getting old. I still haven't quite figured out why. Her end of the house has lots of noises. She was cutting some serious teeth. She was sick on and off. I really don't have the answer. All I know is that we spent a night in a hotel. She slept peacefully through the night in her pack-n-play. So we set it up in the living room when we got home and she's slept every night since.

And wakes up smiling!

She now "cheeses" for the camera - scrunching her eyes, nose and mouth. It's hard to catch because she doesn't hold it long, but she really hams it up for a second when the camera gets pointed at her.

She also has discovered she can zip and unzip zippers, so now she can model the 70's disco/ machismo look. Usually that's reserved for men with lots of chest hair, but Camden sports it well.

She's getting amazingly tall, too. Kevin walked in just as she peeked over the edge and remarked how he remembers, not too long ago, that her head barely hit the top edge.


I love that we are finally getting some hair. Pony tails and barrettes are still a month or two away, but it's coming in fast.

1 comment:

carole said...

zippers are fun until she catches her little belly button on it:0)