Wednesday, February 19, 2020

National Farm Machinery Show

Last week, I took a day off of work and Kevin and I headed to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville.  He has always wanted to go and this worked out in our schedule.  He was a "kid in a candy store" looking at the big and small tractors.


We grabbed a late lunch/early dinner at Mussel & Burger Bar in downtown Louisville.  Very, very good food (and reasonably priced).  We shared a Sweet & Spicy Calamari appetizer.  I'm pretty picky about this food and this was one of the best I've ever had.


I had a Turkey Duck Melt (Sliced roasted turkey, duck confit topped with brie cheese, and fig marmalade) and sweet potato fries with smoked pineapple dipping sauce.  It was big enough for me to take half of it home for lunch the next day.


Kevin had the B.B.B. (Bacon Breakfast Burger topped with caramelized onions, aged white cheddar cheese, maple syrup aioli, maple syrup glazed pork belly, and a fried farm egg) with pomme frites.  He said he's never been a big fan of egg on a burger, but this was very tasty.  The maple syrup aioli made the sandwich.

This is a restaurant I would eat at again without hesitation.

No comments: