Friday, November 9, 2018

Race For Education 2018

This is Camden's last Race.  Mine too.  I have always MC this event (the easiest part of this fundraiser), but we (the PTO) have been transitioning me out.  So I got to be a lap marker so the kids could keep track of the distance they completed.


The fifth graders were assigned purple as their color.  Camden wanted to color her hair for the day, which I was all for.  Most of the temporary dyes lasted 5-10 days (which was okay), but the halloween spray on stuff was on sale.  I found a "purple glitter" can.  Perfect and cheap.  The morning of the race I sprayed it on and all it did was make her hair like a helmet with a little bit of sparkles.  BOO!  The can showed the hair purple with sparkles.  I was so disappointed, not so perfect!


And they're off!







After the run, everyone gets popsicles to cool down.  Looks like it was a successful event...we have raised, to date, $14,000.


No comments: