Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Plantains

This fruit is becoming a go-to for me.  I love the Trader Joe's chips dipped in guacamole or eaten plain.  It's been a favorite lunch of mine lately.

While searching for some recipes, I came across plantain tacos.  We love tacos (Camden doesn't; she just has a quesadilla) and were looking for an alternative to store bought tortilla shells or just taco salad.  The recipe seemed simple so I gave it a try.  Success!  This will become a regular on our dinner menus.


I made them small (about the size of a traditional corn tortilla from a taqueria) and next time might try a little bigger.  They were very pliable and I could fill them with meat and other toppings easily.  Kevin still made a taco salad and just filled the shells as he ate with his salad.


I have two more plantains so tomorrow night we are going to try a similar recipe but for a pizza crust.

No comments: