Monday, February 20, 2017

Valentine's Day


New Market Elementary has a tradition of Valentine's boxes.  I asked Camden about what she wanted to do this year and she said she already made it at school.  Her teacher gave them the option, so she made a paper cat box at school.  Fabulous!  All we had to do was get cards and address them.

Monday night before the big day, I was at two meetings starting right after work and continuing until about 8:30pm.  I called in between and reminded them to do the cards.  The second I walk in the door, Camden comes running up to me, "Mom, I need a Valentine's box!"  What?!?  I asked you about it last week (it didn't hold up so she needed a new one).  You've been at home for 5 hours with 2 other adults (well...I didn't think to tell them).  Geesh!  Find a box and make it simple!  Thankfully she wanted a monster.



Not too bad after all.  Just wish it had been done on the weekend and not at 9 o'clock the night before.  Thankfully Gramma could make the brownies I volunteered to make earlier in the day because her teacher forgot to ask until the day before too.  We made two heart-shaped brownies - one with cream cheese frosting and the other with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

When I got home Tuesday night, we had a plethora of candy.  Kevin bought each of the three ladies in the house a heart of chocolate.  Then Gramma brought home a cake heart.  We definitely got our chocolate fix this year!


No comments: