Monday, November 4, 2013

Trick or Treat

Kevin took his little pink unicorn trick or treating on Friday night.  Because of severe weather on Halloween, our town moved the action back one night.  Per tradition, the first two stops:  Gaga & Grandpa and Papaw.
 


I bought "pre-glittered" paper to make her horn and didn't think about the sticky side of the contact paper.  In the course of getting ready for the night, the inside of her horn stuck together and she had a flattened horn.  She didn't care, but I wish I had caught the potential problem and stuffed it.



They hit every house in town that had a porch light on!  She had TONS of candy.  They ran into several friends from school along the way.



When they got to Paxton's house, Camden wanted him to come for the rest of the evening.  They headed back to our house where I was handing out candy. 


I like that job, but I also sprang my foot (and probably hairline-fractured a bone in it), so a night of walking was not going to be fun.  Initial x-rays at Urgent Care last week were a non-break and I was sent home with 8-10 days in a "boot".  However, it had been 3 weeks since the twist and I was still in significant pain when I walked in regular shoes.  At my primary doctor visit on Friday, he pinpointed a bone that by it's tenderness indicated a possible hairline.  Since I was already wearing a boot he suggested 3-4 more weeks (ugh) in it to finish the healing before we spend more money on an MRI/casting/etc.  The boot really helps, but extended walking leads quickly to soreness.

Kevin was exhausted when he got home.  They really walked a long distance, plus he was pulling the wagon with various numbers of children in it throughout the evening.  But, they both really loved their time together - nothing like Daddy-daughter time on such a fun night !

No comments: