Friday, October 11, 2013

Gymnastics Observation

I had to go out of town on Monday and Tuesday for my Aunt Rita's funeral.  Kevin and Camden stayed back because there was just so much to do...
 
Tuesday evening was her gymnastics lesson.  We are at the 1/2 way point and it was parent's observation night.  I hated to miss it, so I left one of our camera's and asked Kevin to take lots of pictures.  He did a great job!  He actually took lots on "sports" mode which takes several pictures in rapid succession.  If you scroll through them, like a flip book, it looks like a video.  So, in a lot of ways, I got to see her in action.
 
Warming up by running two laps around the walking track.
 


Working on the bar.  She shuffles from one end of the bar to the other.  She has talked about this after practice and it's one of her favorites.



Learning to do "tricks" on the lower bar.  She actually does this now on the rings of her swingset at home.




Tackling the vault (with lots of assistance).




Her balance bar routine.






Complete with a dismount.



Finally, some floor work.




Learning to do a cartwheel (my only true goal for her).


Having fun in the tumbling wheel.



I see why she loves this class so much.  It is perfect for my active girl!

No comments: