Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Friends

A few nights ago I needed to get our lawn mowed.  Camden usually plays on her swingset, on her bike, or in her wading pool while I do it.  However, a bunch of the neighborhood kids were at the house behind us playing on the trampoline and swinging on a newly installed tire swing.  
 

There are about five 5th/6th grade girls who look out for her and the boy who lives at the house.  They actually don't mind having Camden hang with them (she provides them with plenty of laughs)...and she LOVES it!
 


I did my yard mowing loops so I could drive by every few minutes and keep my eye on her.  At one point I asked her to come back to our yard (I needed to be in the front more than the back).  She assured me that her "friends" would take care of her and make sure she was okay.  Since I know a couple of the girls well enough to trust them, I let her stay. 


One of my ulterior motives is that these 6 kids will be in the oldest class at the elementary school next year, so Camden will have some big buddies to keep an eye on her there too! 

No comments: