Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baby Shower Creations

A friend from church is having a baby this month. A few of us ladies got together and wanted to do something for her. I had heard of painting onesies, so decided that would be our activity. Upon further organizing, I realized that none of us had any artistic ability...and even stencils and paint seemed a little too messy for our skill level. So I decided to create some graphics (with phrases "borrowed" from a google search) that we could print on iron-on transfers and simply attach. I got some fabric paint that we could embellish with...or if someone was feeling daring, they could create an image.

The results were pretty good. The white tranfer yellowed a little when we ironed it, but overall we were pretty pleased. The second grade daughter of one of the women was the only one brave enough to tackle free style painting. It turned out cute, too, but I'm glad we went in this direction.

Two of the Daddy's favorites...


No comments: