Saturday, August 29, 2009

Learning to Crawl (again)

This past week, Camden has been determined to be mobile. She is pretty tired of sitting on laps and laying on the floor and doing nothing. So just like a newborn, she started rolling over.

Then she moved on to pushing herself up on all fours. Let me tell you, this takes quite a bit of ingenuity when one knee can't bend.

Finally, she got enough strength and will together to move herself along. In fact, yesterday, I put her down in the living room to play safely on the floor, went to the bedroom bathroom and took a three minute speed shower (literally). When I came out, wrapped in my towel, she was crawling across the kitchen floor. We are now back to having a curious, moving, toddler in the house....YEA!

Yes, those are pads on the floor. They belong to Camden. At 13 months, she has to wear them (I thought it was suppose to be 13 years). Because she has to wear a number 1 diaper to fit inside her cast, and the absorbancy is too small for a 1 year old's kidneys, we also have to put 1/2 a poise pad inside the diaper. Oh well, it works - her cast has stayed dry!

A short clip of Camden in action.



She tends to lay down every few minutes...but I imagine it does get pretty tiring.

And, yes, by the look of some sort of crumb on her face (gross!), I realize I must now go vacuum the living room and sweep the kitchen floor.

1 comment:

Tree said...

check her out!! she is awesome!! Hearing your voice makes me miss you! Glad she is recovering so well! Kids are amazing at that!