Friday, August 14, 2009

Ahhh...I Miss This

The first day we got home from the hospital, I put Camden down on the floor in the living room and began picking stuff up around the house. As I worked my way down the hallway, I realized I didn't have to keep all the doors closed to prevent Camden from walking in and getting into something.


Then I went into the kitchen to get something and pulled open one of the cabinet doors and caught the child-proof lock. But instead of letting out an annoyed sigh, I was saddened, realizing that this, too, was not needed right now.


I didn't have to keep the shade cord up. I didn't have to make sure the toilet seat was closed. Outlets were no longer a concern. On and on the list went. Even being able to leave the room Camden was playing in for 10 minutes and not constantly be worried she was doing something or destroying something was a new feeling.


I know it's only 4 weeks and we'll be back to full speed in no time, but I was so sad to think of this active gal not being able to be a "normal" little toddler. I miss this stuff.




No comments: